Early Childhood Wage Supplement Program
Financial support and encouragement for early childhood professionals
The role of early childhood professionals is critical to the success of New Mexico’s children and families. The Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD) recognizes their importance and has created the Wage Supplement Program to support these individuals.
THE WAGE SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM is managed by CNM-Ingenuity, in partnership with ECECD. The program provides education-based supplemental wages to early childhood professionals working with children in eligible program
- Wage Supplement payments are issued twice a year (January and June).
- Further increases in supplemental wages with additional earned college credit.
- Support for professional advancement that may lead to longer-term employment and higher base pay.
- Retention of qualified early childhood educators and care givers and reduction in workforce turnover.
Supplemental Wages are available to New Mexico educators who work in a state licensed, or registered home child care program, Head Start or Early Head Start Program, or NM PreK classroom in a community based setting.
Applicants must also meet requirements of:
- Successful completion of five credit hours in early childhood education courses
- A minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Earn $16 or less per hour
How to Apply
- Visit www.ececdscholarship.org/wage-supplement for more information.
- Once an application is submitted, it is reviewed for completeness and to verify eligibility.
- A program representative will contact applicants for:
- A completed W-9 form
- Unofficial transcripts of college courses
- Current pay stubs covering the relevant time period (up to six months)
- If approved, the wage supplement payment is calculated based on the number of early childhood education credits earned, years of experience, regular hours worked, and current wag.
- Based on application approval, supplemental payments are issued twice yearly for employment periods of January 1–June 30 and July 1–December 31.