One Time Incentive Payment for Child Care Professionals
Update Nov 17, 2021: Help Desk Response Delays
If you are experiencing application difficulties we’ve created a troubleshooting guide to assist applicants:
The application will be open from November 1 – December 1, 2021
The Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD) is pleased to announce the One Time Incentive Payment for Child Care Professionals. This incentive opportunity is made possible via the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Act (CRRSA), which includes federal funding for New Mexico to invest in its child care system and the professionals that provide safe, high-quality services to children and families. A strategic priority of ECECD is to advance a diverse, well-compensated, and credentialed workforce.
The services child care professionals provide New Mexican families are extremely important and ECECD appreciates the work done to provide safe and high-quality services in child care settings. Child care staff who served children and families throughout the pandemic did so day-in, day-out in person. Telecare was not an option for these workers. This one-time incentive payment is a token of recognition and appreciation for the unique circumstances that professionals working in the child care setting experienced. This grant specifically recognizes the unique hardships that workers in the child care setting have endured day-in, day-out, during the pandemic.
The following information is needed to complete the application
You will need the following on file with ECECD’s Background Check Unit:
- SSN or ITIN
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
Child care professional must submit:
- EPICS Provider ID
- Employment Information
- Start date, Job title, Years worked in early child care and education programs
If awarded incentive pay, some of the information submitted on this application will be used by ECECD to create a W-9 form.
Eligible Child Care Professionals:
- Child Care professionals employed with a licensed or registered provider
- Eligible and up-to-date ECECD background check (open to all employees, including teachers, cooks, bus drivers, and administrative staff).
- Home Visitors
- Early Intervention
- Public Education Department (PED) programs
Incentive Payment Application
The grant application will be open Monday, November 1 through December 1, 2021. The application must be completed by the child care professional.
The application is available in English and Spanish.
If you have any questions about eligibility, how to apply, etc, you may attend virtual office hours.
Additional November dates announced!
• Main line: (505) 236-4085
• Spanish line: (505) 539-4889
Awards and Payment
Incentive payments will be issued starting in mid-November:
- Each awarded applicant will receive a one-time payment of $1,500.
- Awardees are responsible for paying any local, state, or federal taxes related to this incentive. Awardees should consult their accountant or tax advisor.
- Payment will be issued via paper check and sent to the mailing address indicated on the application.
- Home providers will receive payments via direct deposit or paper check depending on your current financial information on record in EPICS.
- ECECD is committed to ensuring a fair and simple distribution process.