Copay Waiver for Child Care Assistance extended through the end of the year
November 2, 2020
As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, the Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD) is committed to supporting families and child care providers across the state.
Previously, ECECD waived parent copayments for Child Care Assistance for September and October, 2020. Now, ECECD is extending this parent copayment waiver through December, 2020.
View the full announcement.
Vea el anuncio en español.
Parents and Guardians:
- Account Credit: If you have already paid your monthly copayment to your provider for September, October, or November, we are asking providers to credit your account for that amount.
- Changes to Contracts: If you currently have a part-time contract and now require additional hours of care for your child, we will increase your hours as needed, based on your qualifying activity (e.g. work or school schedule). As the parent/guardian, you must contact your local child care assistance office to request this change. Please see the full announcement for contact information.
- Telework: If your employer is allowing you to work from home, you may utilize child care during your work hours. Please contact your local child care assistance office to make any required changes to your contract, based on your work schedule. See the announcement for contact information.
- Online courses: If you are attending online courses to achieve your educational goals, you may utilize child care during your online education hours. Please contact your local child care assistance office to make any required changes to your contract, based on your school schedule. See the announcement for contact information.
Child Care Providers
- No Lost Revenue: ECECD will cover the revenue child care programs would have received from copayments; the Department will include this amount in your monthly reimbursement checks (for example, you will receive November copays with your early December funds).