ECECD PreK Grant Application
Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD)
Prekindergarten Grant Application
- Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and public charter schools. LEAs and public charter schools must fully participate in PED FOCUS, including their special education preschool programs.
- Early childhood education programs licensed by ECECD and in good standing. ECECD-licensed providers must have applied to participate in FOCUS (New Mexico Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System) at the time of application to be eligible, as stated in the New Mexico PreK Standards.
- Tribal early childhood education programs (e.g. licensed and non-licensed child care).
- Head Start programs must be in good standing with regulatory entity.
- Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) schools and BIE contract (and grant) schools with early childhood education programs.
|ACTION||RESPONSIBLE PARTY||DUE DATE|
|Grant Application Opens||ECECD||Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021|
|Optional Pre-application Orientation Sessions Via Zoom||ECECD||Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021|
|Deadline to Submit Written Questions||Applicant||Friday, Feb. 26, 2021|
|Responses to Written Questions||ECECD||Friday, March. 5, 2021|
|Grant Application Due Date||Applicant||Wednesday, March. 31, 2021 by 1 p.m. MDT|
|Grant Award Letter Issued||ECECD||Tuesday, May. 25, 2021|
OPTIONAL PRE-APPLICATION ORIENTATION RECORDINGS:
English – Zoom Recording Link
English – Presentation Link
Spanish – Zoom Recording Link
Spanish – Presentation Link
APPLICATION SUBMISSION AND DUE DATE:
Completed and signed applications must be emailed with the required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 p.m. MDT on Wednesday, March. 31, 2021. The emails will have the date and time of receipt. Please put in the subject line of the email: “Program Name” – PreK Grant Application 2021. Late and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
All questions must be submitted via email to Monica Archuleta at Monica.Archuleta@state.nm.us. Responses to the written questions will be posted on ECECD’s website and the PED Early Childhood Bureau website at https://webnew.ped.state.nm.us/bureaus/early-childhood-bureau/ for the benefit of all eligible applicants.