FY23 New Mexico PreK Grant
Release Date: March 7, 2022
Grant Funding Opportunities:
Eligible applicants may seek funding for the following:
- New Program – A provider that has never
received NM PreK funding
- Existing Program – A provider that
currently has NM PreK grant/agreement
with ECECD or PED
- Renewal Request – An existing program
that has a current grant/agreement that is
expiring that needs to reapply. Contingent
upon good standing with licensing, good
standing with current PreK Standards and
good standing with CACFP.
- Conversion Request – A request by a
currently NM PreK funded program to
convert existing slots into a different
program type. Example: 40 Basic slots
into 20 Extended slots or 20 Extended
slots into Mixed or Early Extended
- Expansion A request by a currently NM
PreK funded program to expand(add)
additional slots, classrooms.
Eligible applicants must be seeking funding either to open a new program or to expand the number of children served in an existing program. All applicants must be in good standing with their regulatory entity.
Eligible applicants include the following:
- Local Education Agencies (LEAs) including state charter schools. LEAs and state charter schools must fully participate in PED FOCUS, including their special education preschool programs.
- Early childhood education programs licensed by ECECD. ECECD-licensed providers must have applied to participate in FOCUS (New Mexico Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System) at the time of application to be eligible, as stated in the New Mexico PreK Standards.
- Tribal early childhood education programs (e.g. licensed and non-licensed child care).
- Head Start programs.
- Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) schools and BIE contract (and grant) schools with early childhood education programs.
APPLICATION SEQUENCE OF EVENTS:
ECECD will make every effort to adhere to the following schedule.
|Action||Responsible Party||Due Date|
|Grant Announcement||ECECD||Tuesday, March 1, 2022|
|Grant Application Period Opens||ECECD||Monday, March 7, 2022|
|PreK Application Orientation||ECECD||
|Deadline to Submit Written Questions Not Addressed in Orientation Session||Applicant||Monday, March 22, 2022|
|Response to Written Questions||ECECD||Monday, March 28, 2022|
|Deadline to Submit Grant Application||Applicant||Monday, April 11, 2022, no later than 3 p.m.|
Grant Award Letter Issued
ECECD requires additional time to complete the FY23 Prekindergarten Grant of Award determinations. Absent additional notice, ECECD will issue award and denial letters no later than Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Thank you for your patience.
|ECECD||Monday, May 16, 2022|
Completed and signed applications must be emailed with required attachments to ECECD-PreKGrant@state.nm.us by no later than Monday, April 11, 2022 by 3 p.m. MDST/MST. The emails will have the date and time of receipt. Please put in the subject line of the email: “Program Name” – PreK Grant Application 2022. Late and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
All questions must be submitted via email no later than March 22, 2022 to ECECD-PreKGrant@state.nm.us.
Written responses to the written questions will be posted on ECECD’s website, www.nmececd.org, and the PED Early Childhood Bureau website, Early Childhood Education – New Mexico Public Education Department (state.nm.us) for the benefit of all eligible applicants.
Fillable PDF Format
New Mexico PreK Grant Application FY23 (English)
Eligible Applicant Site Information
USE THIS TEMPLATE FOR MULTIPLE SITES
Uploaded March 16, 2022
PreK Office Hours
- Time: Mar 16, 2022, 02:30-4:30 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 818 5124 4952
- Passcode: 192848
- Topic: FY23 PreK Grant Office Hours-Community Based
- Time: Mar 17, 2022, 02:00-4:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 883 2004 5982
- Passcode: 834251
Written Responses to FY23 Pre-Kindergarten (PreK) Grant Application Questions
- Uploaded March 28, 2022
- PDF (English)
FY23 NM PreK Grant Application Additional Information
PreK Application Orientation Presentation
Click below to view a copy of the March 8, 2022, New Mexico PreK Grant Orientation Presentation PDF (English)